EDGE Learning and Wellness Collegiate Community is proud to present Creating the Path for Success: Goals, Methods & Opportunities of a Young Adult Transition Model on Wednesday, February 8, 2017 from 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm CST. Attendees will receive an overview of the integral attributes and objectives of a transition program, and gain an understanding of the goals, methods, and opportunities specific to a young adult transition model. Objectives include:
– What is interdependence? (vs. counterdependence, independence, dependence.)
– Objectives include identifying and using resources (problem-solving model) to meet demands of context (college and “real world.”)
– Recognition that all have abilities to leverage and limitations to overcome in daily living.
– Includes families learning appropriate boundaries.
Methods: Exposure, support, accountability.
– Consistent exposure to real life situations.
– Support from coaching, mentoring and therapy.
– Accountability from 3rd parties and to self.
Opportunities: Opportunity for choices and self-directed learning.
– Balance of freedom and responsibility.
– Space to make/learn from mistakes.